This roast chicken recipe is a keeper: marinate your chicken in coconut milk to make it extra moist!
Roast Chicken in Coconut Milk Recipe
Roast Chicken in Coconut Milk Ingredients
- 2 1-kilo Chicken each cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cups coconut milk (gata)
- 4 tablespoons Calamansi Juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1/4 Cup cilantro (wansoy) chopped
- chili flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- vegetable oil for brushing
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 420°F. Brush baking sheet with oil. Drain marinade from chicken then arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Alternatively, you can grill the chicken: preheat charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill with oil to prevent chicken from sticking. Arrange chicken on the grill, skin side down, 1 inch apart. Grill each side for 8 to 10 minutes. Check for doneness by piercing the thickest part of each piece; they’re cooked when the juices run clear.