This pesto sauce is rich in vitamins A to E! It’s versatile, too. Toss it in your favorite noodles for a quick pasta dish.
Roast Chicken with Pesto Recipe
Roast Chicken with Pesto Ingredients
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 4 Chicken use leg quarters
- 2 cloves Garlic sliced thinly
- 1 bunch Bok Choy (Chinese leafy cabbage) leaves separated and washed
- 1 Cup Leeks white and light green parts sliced diagonally into 4-inch lengths
- 1 medium zucchini sliced diagonally
- 4 to 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 green bell pepper seeded and chopped roughly
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons almonds toasted
- 1 finger chilies (siling pangsigang) seeded and chopped roughly
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Calamansi Juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together 1½ tablespoons salt, ¹?8 teaspoon black pepper, paprika, cumin, and cayenne. Rub on chicken. Insert garlic under skin. Set aside.
- Arrange bok choy, leeks, and zucchini in rows on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on another baking sheet and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Roast chicken and vegetables. Vegetables are done when edges are charred (about 10 minutes for leeks and bok choy; 20 minutes for zucchini). Chicken is done when skin is golden brown and juices run clear when the thickest part is pierced with a knife (about 35 minutes).
- Make the pesto: Pulse ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add more cream for a thinner sauce. Serve on the side.