At your family get-together, crown your table with a fancy roast pork belly. Serve this roast pork with pasta and salad!
Roast Pork Belly Recipe
Roast Pork Belly Ingredients
- 1 kilo pork (use pork belly), skin on
- Salt to season
- 6 pieces finger chilies (siling pangsigang)
- 3 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Calamansi Juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup pork stock
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 Cup store-bought applesauce
- thyme leaves
- Salt to taste
- Lay pork on a chopping board, skin side down. Rub generously with salt and pepper. Arrange chilies on pork and top with garlic and herbs. Tightly roll meat and secure with kitchen twine.Cover in plastic wrap and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400°F. Rub pork skin with plenty of salt and olive oil.
- Place on a wire rack set on top of a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle lemon or calamansi juice over the skin. Return to the oven. Turn heat down to 350°F. Roast for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn heat up to 400°F and roast for another 30 minutes or until skin is very crispy. Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Make the apple gravy: place roasting pan with drippings on the stove. Scrape off all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add flour, stock, and wine (if using); allow to reduce by half. Add applesauce and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice pork into thick pieces and serve hot with apple gravy.