Achiote chicken is a Mexican-style roast that uses plenty of herbs and spices for flavor. This chicken recipe is perfect for wraps and burritos!
Roasted Achiote Chicken Recipe
Roasted Achiote Chicken Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1/2 seedless orange juice and zest only
- 1/2 Lime (Dayap) juice and zest only
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 10-gram pack Achuete Powder (annatto powder)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf crumbled
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 6 Chicken (use chicken thighs), bone-in
- Blend olive oil, white onions, garlic, juice and zest orange and lime, vinegar, atsuete powder, salt, ground black pepper, ground cumin, dried oregano, bay leaf, and garlic in a food processor or blender for 30 seconds.
- Place in a large zip-top bag, add chicken thighs, and marinate for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator. Drain chicken from the marinade. Place chicken on a baking pan. Roast in an oven preheated to 350°F for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Shred chicken.