On a diet, but can’t give up carbs? This veggie pasta dish is right up your alley. Cauliflower saves the day!
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta Recipe
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta Ingredients
- non-stick cooking spray for roasting
- 1 600-gram head cauliflower
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large white onion sliced thinly into half-moons
- 1 Cup non-fat milk
- 250 Grams whole-wheat spaghetti Cooked according to package directions, pasta water reserved
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley chopped, plus extra for garnish
- lemon juice to serve
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Grease a baking pan with cooking spray or brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Spray cauliflower with nonstick cooking spray or toss lightly in vegetable oil. Season with salt. Roast cauliflower until tender and slightly browned on the exterior, about 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes. Cut into florets and reserve stems. Set florets aside.
- Peel cauliflower stems to remove woody exterior. Cut tender parts of stems into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add onions and season with salt. Cook until dried and onions are very soft, about 20 minutes. Add cubed cauliflower stems. Sauté for 1 minute. Add milk and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return sauce to pan and simmer. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons pasta cooking water and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked spaghetti and toss to combine. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add cauliflower florets, capers, and parsley. Drizzle with lemon juice. Garnish with more parsley. Serve immediately.