The nuttiness of brown butter is the highlight of this dish. It pairs well with the subtle sweetness of roasted squash. Use it as an alternative sauce for your pasta dishes!
Roasted Squash and Brown Butter Sauce Recipe
Roasted Squash and Brown Butter Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Table Spoon olive oil
- 500 Grams squash (kalabasa) peeled, deseeded, and sliced into 1/2-inch cubes
- black pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 pieces basil leaves chopped into thin strips salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 Grams angel hair spaghetti cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- In a heatproof dish, drizzle olive oil over squash. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Roast until tender in a turbo broiler, set at 175°C for 40 minutes; stir halfway through cooking. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add nuts and continue cooking until butter is golden brown. Add the heavy cream and sage and cook for a few seconds. Add the roasted squash and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss in noodles and transfer to a serving dish. Top with dried cranberries and grated Parmesan cheese.