Saba Con Yelo Recipe
Merienda just got better.
Saba Con Yelo Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons sago pearls
- 5 pieces saba bananas sliced
- 3 cups water more for cooking sago
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup evaporated milk for topping
- shaved ice for topping
- Start with boiling and cooking your sago pearls in a small pot (do not wash or rinse before cooking. You’ll need to use a lot of water as they are quick to absorb water.)
- Once pearls are soft and translucent, drain water then set aside for later.
- For the banana plantains, heat the pan then add 3 cups water.
- Add brown sugar to the water to dissolve, then add the sliced banana plantains. Bring to a boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to maximize the flavor.
- Once banana is half cooked, you can add the sago pearls that were prepared earlier.
- Boil for another 8 minutes until banana is thoroughly cooked. (You can check if the banana is cooked by getting one piece to test. It should be soft but not too mushy.) Set aside to cool it down.
- Add your desired amount of evaporated milk and crushed ice toppings to your cooled down minatamis na saba or saba con yelo.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW