Give classic pork chops, a crowd favorite, a fun twist with a touch of sage.
Sage Pork Chops Recipe
Sage Pork Chops Ingredients
- 3 cloves Garlic minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- lemon juice
- 6 to 12 fresh sage leaves divided
- 4 1/2-inch thick pork (use pork chops), about 500 grams
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divded
- 1 large zucchini sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- black pepper to season
- Combine 1/3 of the garlic, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and 4 torn sage leaves in a bowl. Add pork chops. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and sauté until golden.
- Drain pork chops from marinade and add pork to the pan. Cook for 3 to 6 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Fry remaining sage leaves until crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Add zucchini to the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Add balsamic vinegar and toss to coat. Cook for 1 more minute. Season with black pepper.
- Garnish pork chops with fried sage leaves and serve with balsamic zucchini on the side.