Rainy days are best spent indoors with a comforting bowl of sinigang and lots of steamed rice. Can’t find salmon heads? Try maya-maya instead.
Salmon Head Sinigang sa Miso Recipe
Looking for a comforting bowl of sinigang?
Salmon Head Sinigang sa Miso Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely julienned
- 2 to 3 tomatoes diced
- 1/3 Cup miso yellow
- 5 grams, about 5 cups
- Fish sauce to taste
- 1/2 kilo salmon head cleaned, gills removed, and split open
- 1/3 Cup tamarind paste
- 1 Cup radishes peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 green finger chilies
- 100 Grams mustard leaves cleaned
- 1/4 Cup cilantro chopped
- Heat cooking oil in a pot. Sauté garlic, onion, ginger, and tomatoes until they start to soften and become fragrant. Add miso and continue cooking over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add water. Season to taste with salt or patis. Add salmon heads. Bring to a simmer. Lower heat and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Add tamarind paste. Add more salt or patis, if necessary.
- Add radishes and chilies. Simmer for another 3 minutes or until radishes are cooked. Add mustard leaves and cilantro; heat through. Serve with white rice and extra patis.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW