Make it like the Japanese: Whip up salmon onigiri and snack on a bundle during your commute. Think of it as a rice bowl rolled into one portable treat.
Salmon Onigiri Recipe
Salmon Onigiri Ingredients
- 200 Grams salmon use salmon loin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cucumber chopped
- 1 tablespoon carrot grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
- 4 to 5 cups Japanese rice cooked
- 1 Nori (dried seaweed) (wrappers), cut into 3 x 1-inch strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- 2 tablespoons Leeks sliced
- 2 tablespoons bonito flakes
- Steam salmon for 10 to 12 minutes. Flake meat with a fork, remove pin bones, if any.
- Combine salmon, mayonnaise, Sriracha, cucumber, carrots, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Shape rice firmly into a triangle (you can do it by hand or use an onigiri mold). Stuff center with salmon. Place a nori strip on each triangle. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, sliced leeks, and bonito flakes. Wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap.