Salted egg is all the rage these days, so why not try your hand at making a salted egg sauce? It’s easy! Aside from shrimp, you can also pair it with chicken or pork.
Salted Egg Shrimp Recipe
Salted Egg Shrimp Ingredients
- 500 Grams Shrimp medium-sized, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- Salt tot aste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 Salted Egg (itlog na maalat) (use yolks), mashed
- chili leaves (dahon ng sili) fried, to garnish
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Dredge shrimp in seasoned cornstarch then fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic in butter. Add salted egg yolks; mix well.
- Add cooked shrimp and toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley or fried chili leaves, if desired.