This simple fish recipe makes use of bottles sardines. These crispy fish cakes are coated with cornflakes!
Sardine Cakes Recipe
Sardine Cakes Ingredients
- 2 cups mayonnaise divided
- 1/4 Cup Sweet chili sauce
- 2 228-gram Bottled Spanish Sardines In Oil drained
- 2 tablespoons celery finely-chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes
- vegetable oil to deep-fry
- green onion to garnish
- Make the creamy sweet-chili dip: Combine 1 cup mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce in a bowl. Mix well and chill until ready to use.
- Combine sardines, celery, bell pepper, pickle relish, and remaining mayonnaise in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Form mixture into 2-inch patties. Dip in beaten egg and coat with crushed cornflakes.
- Heat up to 2 inches oil in a pan. Deep-fry patties until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with creamy sweet-chili dip.