This pasta recipe makes smart use of pantry staples like bottled sardines and breadcrumbs. It’s completely fuss-free and extremely flavorful! You can even use the oil from the bottle to start your pasta and bring the dish together.
Linguine with Bottled Sardines Recipe
Mix bottled sardines into your pasta!
Linguine with Bottled Sardines Ingredients
- 400 Grams linguine noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- 2 medium lemons zested and sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons parsley plus extra to garnish
- 1 150-gram bottle sardines
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese plus more, to serve
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add breadcrumbs and toast until golden. Remove from heat. Add lemon zest and parsley. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat sardines just until warmed through. Break them up into smaller pieces. Toss in pasta.
- Add breadcrumb mixture and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with more parsley. Serve with lemon wedges and more Parmesan cheese on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW