Looking for ways to upgrade simple mac and cheese? Add sliced sausage bits into the mix! You can make this with your eyes closed.
Sausage Mac and Cheese Recipe
Sausage Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 1 200-gram pack elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 Hungarian sausage cut into half moons
- 1 220-gram pack cheese spread
- 1 bunch kangkong leaves roughly chopped
- water as needed
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add and sauté sausages until heated through. Add cheese spread, and stir until cheese has melted. Stir in kangkong leaves, and cook until wilted. Season with ground black pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta and toss with cheese sauce before serving. Recipe originally published in the June 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.