Treat your family to a flavor-packed dish with two favorites: pork and eggplant! Add more chilies for extra heat. This pork and eggplant dish is inspired by bold Thai flavors too, and easily comes together with a quick saute in a cooking pan. This sauteed pork and eggplant dish is weeknight dinner-friendly, too!
Sauteed Pork and Eggplant Recipe
Sauteed Pork and Eggplant Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 birds eye chilies (siling labuyo) chopped
- 250 Grams ground pork
- 1 teaspoon Lemongrass minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 medium eggplants sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Cup Thai basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onions, and chilies until fragrant. Add pork and cook until browned. Stir to separate clumps.
- Add lemongrass, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir to combine and cook for a few more minutes. Add ¹⁄ ³ cup water, oyster sauce, and eggplants. Cover pan and cook until eggplant is soft.
- Add basil leaves. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; stir to combine. Serve immediately with steamed rice.