This nutritious rice dish is a balanced meal that will keep you full for hours.
Savory Sticky Rice Recipe
Savory Sticky Rice Ingredients
- 3 cups violet sticky rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 large white onion chopped
- 1/4 kilo Beef (use sirloin cut), sliced into strips and marinated in soy sauce and calamansi for 30 minutes
- 1/4 kilo Chicken (use fillets), sliced into strips and marinated in soy sauce and calamansi for 30 minutes
- 2 cups squash (kalabasa) cubed
- 8 dried fresh shiitake mushrooms rehydrated in hot water and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice and soak in water for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant and translucent.
- Add beef, chicken, squash, and mushrooms. Add soy sauce and rice. Season with salt and pepper. Add 8 cups water. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is soft and cooked, about 40 minutes. If rice is still tough, add 1 cup water, ½ cup at a time, until rice is thoroughly cooked.