To impress guests, serve this dish in a large bamboo steamer with a teapot of hot soup to be poured over the gorgeous mix of fresh seafood.
Seafood Boil Recipe
Seafood Boil Ingredients
- 1 kilo fish bones
- 1 piece carrot peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 piece onion peeled and quartered
- 1 stalk celery chopped roughly
- 6 pieces peppercorns
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 3 sprigs parsley sprigs
- 2 pieces cloves
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 ear Japanese sweet corn cut into 4 pieces
- 15 Grams sea salt
- 4 pieces lobster
- 1 piece king crab
- 4 to 10 pieces New Zealand Mussels
- 4 to 6 pieces fresh tiger prawns
- 8 pieces clams
- 150 Grams kielbasa sausages sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 piece Potatoes cooked until tender and quartered
- 3 pieces lemon sliced into wedges
- ake the fish stock: Combine all the ingredients in a large pan. Cover with water then bring to a boil. Skim off any scum that forms on the surface. Cover pan and simmer very gently for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl and transfer back to pan.
- Make the spice sachet: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Wrap in a small piece of cheesecloth or gauze and tie with kitchen twine to make a pouch.
- Bring stock to a light boil over medium heat. Add corn and salt. Cover pot and cook corn for 10 minutes.
- Add lobster, crab, and spice sachet; bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, skimming off any scum that may rise to the surface.
- Add mussels, prawns, and clams; simmer for 5 minutes. Add sausages and potatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- To serve, carefully place shellfish on a platter. Cut lobster in half lengthwise and crab into quarters; arrange on the platter. Add remaining items in the pot to the platter. Discard the spice sachet. Arrange lemon wedges on the side.
- Strain liquid remaining in the pot through a fine mesh sieve. Season to taste. Serve with boiled seafood.