This seafood paella has everything you want in it: fresh seafood, lots of fluffy rice, nutritious vegetables, and a sour sinigang stock to tie everything together. Serve it on special occasions or Sunday lunches with the family!
Seafood Sinigang Paella Recipe
Seafood Sinigang Paella Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- prawns heads only, crushed
- 1/2 Cup tomato sliced into wedges
- 1/4 Cup red onion cut into wedges
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 20-gram packs sinigang sa sampaloc mix
- 300 to 400 Grams blue crabs (alimasag)
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1 siling pansigang
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup radish sliced
- 1/4 Cup string beans sliced
- 1/3 Cup okra sliced
- 1/2 Cup kangkong leaves
- 1 green finger chili (siling pangsigang)
- 500 Grams prawns cleaned and trimmed, reserve heads of half the prawns
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1 Cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups paella rice
- Make the sinigang stock: Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Sauté prawn heads, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and sinigang mix. Add 5 cups water; bring to a boil. Add crabs; cook for 10 minutes. Season with patis, finger chili, salt, and pepper. Remove crabs from pot and set crabs aside.
- Blanch vegetables in sinigang stock for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from pot and set aside.
- Lightly season prawns with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a 16-inch paellera pan. Cook prawns for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove prawns and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onions, garlic, and tomatoes until tomatoes have broken down into a paste, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add rice; stir until grains are well coated with oil.
- Add 3 cups sinigang stock. Spread rice evenly on pan. Bring to a slow boil then cover with foil. Lower heat and simmer until rice is al dente, about 18 to 20 minutes. Add more stock, ¼ cup at a time, if rice needs to cook longer.
- Arrange prawns and vegetables on top of rice, cover with foil, and cook for 2 minutes. For a toasted crust on the bottom of the pan, increase heat to high and cook for 30 seconds. Turn off heat. Place crabs on top.