Serve seared tuna atop a crusty slice of bread. The fresh mango salsa adds just the right touch of sweetness. This easy appetizer takes only a few minutes to put together.
Seared Tuna Toast Recipe
This easy appetizer takes only a few minutes to put together.
Seared Tuna Toast Ingredients
- 1 medium mango diced
- 1 Small Cucumber seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha divided
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 150 Grams sashimi-grade tuna
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread
- Make the mango salsa: Combine mango, cucumber, tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon Sriracha.
- Make the Sriracha mayonnaise: Combine 2 tablespoons Sriracha and mayonnaise in a bowl; chill until ready to use.
- Make the seared tuna: Combine black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Coat sashimi-grade tuna in sesame seed mixture, covering all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear tuna on both sides for about 30 seconds just until edges are brown. Do not cook through. Slice tuna crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Slice 1 loaf ciabatta into 4 (½-inch-thick) slices; brush with olive oil. Toast lightly on one side. Spread each slice with 1 tablespoon Sriracha mayonnaise. Top with 2 tablespoons mango salsa and 2 slices of tuna. Sprinkle with sea salt and garnish with cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW