When you’re craving for something fried and greasy, go for the beer-battered fish or chicken strips! Get this easy recipe of Shar’s Beer-battered Fish with Caper-Dill Sauce. To turn this into fish and chips AKA French fries!
Shar's Beer-battered Fish with Caper-Dill Sauce
Shars Beer-battered Fish with Caper-Dill Sauce
- 1 Pack fish (use cream dory fillets), (about 3 to 4 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- For the beer batter
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg whites only
- 1 1/4 cups beer
- Flour for dusting
- For the caper-dill sauce
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 4 teapoons dill
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a deep pan for frying.
- Brush both sides of each fish fillet with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together all ingredients for the beer batter in a large mixing bowl. Dust fish with flour, dip in the batter, then deep-fry until golden brown.
- Mix together all ingredients for the sauce and serve with the beer-battered fish.