No need to head out to get your Japanese-style French toast fix. Try this Shibuya toast recipe : top with whipped cream and garnish with mangoes and strawberries. You can make it at home!
- 1 white bread
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- 1 Cup whipping cream chilled and whipped to stiff peaks
- mango (flesh part), diced
- 4 strawberries sliced
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup vanilla ice cream to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a square at the center of the bread loaf, making sure to leave a 1-inch border along the edges and bottom.
- Slice cut-out square into 1x1-inch cubes and remove from loaf.
- Place loaf and bread cubes in an ovenproof pan or baking sheet. Brush or drizzle cubes and the inside of the hollowed-out loaf with butter. Bake until crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place bread on a plate. Put bread cubes back into the hollowed-out loaf. Top with whipped cream and garnish with mangoes and strawberries. Drizzle with honey and serve with ice cream on the side, if desired.