This shrimp pasta recipe is quick and easy! Adding lemon juice and zest to the usual pasta white sauce gives it a burst of freshness and extra zing. Try pairing this pasta sauce with bacon or pork meatballs, too.
Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta Recipe
Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 300 Grams Shrimp large, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed, washed, and sliced diagonally into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 250 Grams linguine noodles cooked according to package directions
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- lemon zest from 2 lemons, soaked in ice-cold water
- lemon to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Sauté garlic until soft. Add shrimps and asparagus. Cook until shrimps become opaque, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon juice, and pasta. Add about ½ cup reserved pasta water if mixture is too dry. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain lemon zest and add to pasta; stir well. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.