Make fried rice extra nutritious by using brown rice and mixing it with a variety of vegetables. Green, leafy bok choy is rich in potassium and vitamins A, C, and K. Go ahead and add crab, squid, or fish to the mix!
Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Shrimp Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 Egg
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 teaspoons Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 1 tablespoons white onion minced
- 100 Grams Shrimp about 10 to 12 pieces, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons carrot julienned
- 4 fresh fresh shiitake mushrooms stems removed and julienned
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper diced
- 2 Cup day-old brown rice cooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 large bunch Bok Choy (Chinese leafy cabbage) washed, dried, and sliced thinly
- Beat eggs and season with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan or wok and scramble eggs until set. Transfer o a chopping board, roll, and cut into thin ribbons. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Sauté garlic, ginger, and onions until fragrant but not browned.
- Add shrimp, carrots, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Once shrimp turns pink, add brown rice. Mix well, making sure there are no clumps of rice left.
- Add sweet soy sauce and bok choy. Toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Remove from heat and add eggs. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.