Quick-cooking shrimp is a great ingredient to cook with on weeknights. Toss shrimp in a tangy lemon-beer sauce and dinner will be ready in a matter of minutes!
Shrimp in Lemon Sauce Recipe
Shrimp in Lemon Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 kilogram Shrimp heads removed, deveined
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 1/2 Cup beer lager
- 1 medium red onion peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring steamer to a simmer according to manufacturer’s instructions. Add suahe. Steam for 5 minutes or until shrimps are opaque and bright orange throughout.
- Melt butter, meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, beer, onion, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Let reduce until shrimps are done cooking.
- Transfer shrimps to the pan with the lemon sauce. Baste. Serve immediately. Recipe originally published in the August 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.