This Pinoy chicken soup is similar to sinigang, has a sour soup that has veggies, tamarind leaves, and chicken.
Sinampalukang Manok Recipe
This sour chicken soup is a comforting dish.
Sinampalukang Manok Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 1-inch ginger sliced
- 1 kilo whole chicken cut into pieces
- 3 ripe tomatoes sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- 5 cups water
- 3 pieces green chilies (siling pangsigang)
- 1 Cup tamarind leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and saute. Add chicken and cook, until juices run clear. Add tomatoes and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add water. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Add green chilies and tamarind leaves.Pour tamarind base powder, stirring to dissolve. Season with salt to taste. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW