Sinigang na Bangus sa Bayabas Recipe (Stewed Milkfish in Guava Soup)
The guava adds a delicate mild tang to this popular local stew.
Sinigang na Bangus sa Bayabas Ingredients (Stewed Milkfish in Guava Soup)
- 1/2 kilo Guava (bayabas) very ripe
- 3 pieces tomatoes quartered
- 1 piece onion peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Table Spoon rock salt
- 1 to 2 large boneless bangus (milkfish) cut in 3 pieces
- 1/2 bundle sitaw (string beans) cut 2 inches long
- 3 pieces finger chilies (siling pangsigang)
- 1 bundle kangkong (water spinach) leaves
- 1/4 kilo kamias
- Place guava in a medium size pot and cover with water. Boil until guava softens, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove boiled guava from the pot and place in a strainer. Mash with the back of asandok over the stockpot, letting juice from guava pulp drip back into the stockpot. Set aside broth.
- In a large stockpot, boil water. Add tomatoes, onions, and salt.
- Put in bangus and sitaw, and boil.
- When almost cooked, add the rest of the vegetables.
- Season with patis (fish sauce).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW