It’s all about the sizzle with this tokwa’t baboy sisig! When cooking a sisig recipe, look for a good sizzling plate so you can easily turn a rather humble dish into something more special.
Sizzling Tokwa't Baboy Sisig Recipe
It's all about the sizzle! Look for a good sizzling plate so you can easily turn a rather humble dish into something more special.
Sizzling Tokwa't Baboy Sisig Ingredients
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1/4 kilo firm tofu (tokwa) sliced into blocks
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cup water
- 1 piece red onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic sliced
- 2 to 3 pieces green finger chili (siling pangsigang) sliced
- 1/2 kilo Store-Bought Roasted Pork Belly (Liempo) cubed
- Heat cooking oil in a deep frying pan and deep-fry tofu until golden brown. Slice tofu into small cubes; set aside.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt, black pepper, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and chilies to the vinegar mixture; mix until well combined.
- Combine tofu and liempo in a bowl. Heat a sizzling plate until smoking. Turn off heat and place tofu and liempo on plate. Pour vinegar mixture over and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW