Looking for an alternative to the usual sisig beer match? Queue in this sizzling and spicy tahong dish. No need to peel each individual piece of mussel from its shell. Bring out your drink, simply spoon it off the plate, and enjoy. Excellent with rice, too!
Sizzling Spicy Tahong Recipe
Sizzling Spicy Tahong Ingredients
- 1 kilogram mussels
- 3 Small red bell pepper
- 1 piece birds eye chili
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Wash mussels and soak in water for an hour. Rinse mussels. Set aside.
- While soaking the mussels, prepare other ingredients. Chop bell pepper, chili, onions, ginger, and garlic into small sized pieces.
- Saute ginger and garlic. Add mussels and saute together. Add salt and pepper and mix. Let it cook for 15 minutes, turn off heat, and remove leftover sauce. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove each mussel from the shells.
- In a pan with hot oil, saute chopped bell pepper and chili, add mussels, and stir. Add oyster sauce plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onions, stir, then add sugar. Stir and let cook for another 3 minutes.