Give your chicken a good sear in your cast iron skillet! You can also use a pack of frozen potato wedges to cut down the prep and cooking time.
Skillet Lemon Chicken Recipe
Skillet Lemon Chicken Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo chicken thigh quarters, cut into legs and thighs
- 1/2 kilo Potatoes cut into wedges
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 bunch Baguio beans
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until surface shimmers. Season chicken pieces generously with salt and ground black pepper, and fry in batches in hot oil until golden brown on all sides. Set aside on a plate.
- Fry potato wedges until tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Deglaze pan with white wine, let simmer, then reduce until almost dry. Add lemon slices and chicken stock. Return chicken pieces to the skillet. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Cover, and let simmer until chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Uncover, and add green beans and potatoes to the skillet. Baste chicken, potatoes, and beans until beans are tender. Recipe originally published in the July 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.