Got a slow-cooker at home? You can cook the rice and chicken at the same time! All you have to do is combine all the ingredients and leave them to cook for a few hours.
Slow-Cooker Chicken and Rice Recipe
Slow-Cooker Chicken and Rice Ingredients
- 1 85-gram can liver spread
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 cups brown rice rinsed
- 1 Cup tomatoes diced
- 1 Cup sweet kernel corn
- 1 100-gram pack black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dissolve liver spread and bouillon cube in hot water. Add to the pot of the slow cooker, together with rice, tomatoes, corn, black beans, Spanish paprika, and salt and ground black pepper to taste. Stir to mix. Season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt and ground black pepper, to taste, on all sides. Top rice mixture with chicken breasts.
- Cover and slow cook on High for 4 hours, or until rice is tender, and chicken is cooked through. Serve while hot. Recipe originally published in the August 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.