Load up on your veggies by adding crunchy broccoli to this Asian-inspired noodle dish.
Soba in Peanut Sauce Recipe
Soba in Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Calamansi Juice
- 1 red chili pepper (siling labuyo) seeded and chopped
- 2 fillets Chicken use chicken breast
- 150 Grams firm tofu (tokwa) sliced into 1/2-inch squares
- 3/4 Cup broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 300 Grams soba (buckwheat noodles) cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 Cup green onion sliced into 1/2 inch lengths
- 1/3 Cup roasted peanuts chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Make the peanut sauce: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl; set aside.
- Place chicken and tofu on a baking sheet. Place broccoli in a separate baking dish. Lightly drizzle chicken, tofu, and broccoli with oil. Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons peanut sauce (ingredients don’t have to be completely covered in sauce).
- Roast in the preheated oven. Remove broccoli after 10 minutes. Roast chicken and tofu for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Slice chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Add peanut sauce to noodles as needed and toss. Top with chicken, tofu, and broccoli. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.