Crisp outside and chewy inside, these baked soft pretzels are easy to make! Let the kids join in on the fun in the kitchen. They will have fun twisting and shaping these soft pretzels.
Soft Pretzels Recipe
Soft Pretzels Ingredients
- 1/2 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups bread flour plus up to 1/4 cup, as needed
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Baking soda
- 1/4 Cup Butter melted
- Place ²?³ cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. The water should be warm to the touch, not hot.
- Add yeast and stir to dissolve. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Add sugar and mix on low speed for 30 seconds or until sugar has dissolved.
- Mix flour and salt in another bowl. Gradually add to yeast mixture. Mix on low speed until dough comes together, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Knead on low speed for about 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth and dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If dough is too sticky, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. The dough should be puffy, but not double in size.