Serving this cold prevents the cellophane noodles from absorbing too much of the broth.
Sotanghon in Cold Beef Mushroom Broth Recipe
Sotanghon in Cold Beef Mushroom Broth Ingredients
- 400 Grams cellophane noodles (sotanghon)
- 4 large dried shiitake mushrooms soaking in 1 cup hot water at least 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped
- 1 piece Garlic chopped
- 2 pieces bouillon cubes dissolved in 4 cups hot water, cooled F
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook rice noodles according to directions and rinse under running cold water. Transfer to a bowl. Drain mushrooms, reserving mushroom liquid. Cut off tough stems of mushrooms, and slice mushroom caps into strips. Add to the bowl with the noodles. Set aside.
- Make beef-mushroom broth: Mix mushroom water, rice wine, ginger, vinegar, and beef stock. Taste and season with salt and ground black pepper as necessary. Toss broth with noodles and mushrooms. Top with cilantro and serve.