With just a few basic ingredients, you can make this quick, easy, and healthy dish in no time! Aglio e olio pasta gets its snappy flavor from copious amounts of garlic, olive oil, and chili flakes. The traditional dish usually features just those ingredients tossed with spaghetti noodles.
Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Broccoli Recipe
Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Broccoli Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 large head broccoli chopped into small florets, about 2 cups
- 1 250-gram pack spaghetti
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 16 cloves Garlic sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or to taste
- 1/2 Cup parsely minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon salt and broccoli; cook for 30 to 45 seconds until bright green and tender. Strain broccoli into a bowl. Set aside.
- Add spaghetti to the same pot and cook according to package directions or until al dente. Reserve ¾ cup pasta cooking water. Strain noodles into a bowl. Do not rinse.
- While noodles are cooking, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook garlic until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt, chili flakes, broccoli, and spaghetti. Mix well and add reserved pasta water. Toss until evenly coated and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Serve immediately.