Little is as comforting as freshly made fried rice loaded with luncheon meat chunks and kimchi, all topped with a runny egg.
Spam and Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
Spam and Kimchi Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Cup luncheon meat cubed into 1/2-inch cubes, we used Spam
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 Cup kimchi roughly chopped, drained
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 1/4 Cup Leeks sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- sesame seeds toasted
- green onions chopped, to garnish
- 2 eggs
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add luncheon meat; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger; sauté for 1 minute. Add kimchi and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in rice, leeks, and soy sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat then drizzle in sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Simmer water in a pot over low heat. Poach eggs for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with poached eggs and garnish with green onions.