Paella always makes any party spread more festive. This recipe is a fuss-free paella—it makes use of store-bought, inexpensive paella seasoning— but no less festive.
Spanish-style Paella Recipe
Spanish-style Paella Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 6 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomato sauce
- 2 pieces red pimiento sliced
- 1 Pack Paella Seasoning Mix
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups long-grain rice unwashed
- 1 Cup green peas thawed
- 1/2 Cup black olives sliced
- 8 pieces Tiger Prawns (Sugpo) antennas removed/trimmed, legs trimmed, deveined
- 1 piece lemon cut into 8 wedges
- Salt to taste
- In a 15-inch paella pan over medium heat, heat olive oil and then saute garlic until fragrant. Season garlic with salt. Add and saute green onions lightly. Pour in tomato sauce, add half of pimento, sprinkle in paella seasoning mix, and finally pour in stock. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle rice evenly into pan, using a spoon to level off the layer. Ensure stock covers rice but don’t stir. Bring to a simmer. Position prawns on top of rice and then cover with foil. Lower heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle in green peas, black olives, and arrange remaining pimentos over rice. Cover with foil again, turn up heat to high 1 minute to create the socarrat or tutong. Turn off heat and let rest 10 minutes before removing foil. Serve hot with lemon wedges.