Crisp, tender, and tasty, you won’t be able to resist bite after bite of the mouthwatering ribs. Keep the spare ribs recipe handy—it’s certainly going to be a favorite request.
Spareribs with Salt and Pepper Recipe
Spareribs with Salt and Pepper Ingredients
- 500 Grams pork skin removed and meat, sliced into 2x2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Meat tenderizer
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid seasoning
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 5 cups cooking cream
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 Cup cornstarch
- Mix together pork belly, meat tenderizer, and the rest of the seasonings. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. When ready to cook, mix pork with beaten egg.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Dredge pork in cornstarch and fry in hot oil. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Make the topping: Heat wok or frying pan. Sauté peppercorns just until fragrant. Pound using a mortar and pestle until powder in form. Let cool and mix in salt; set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat oil and fry garlic until golden brown. Toss in leeks, chili, and peppercorn-salt mixture. Toss in fried pork. Transfer to a serving platter.