Here’s a new way to cook grilled pork belly or liempo: with a mix of different herbs and spices like cumin, oregano, and cinnamon. Give it a try!
Spiced Pork Belly Recipe
Spiced Pork Belly Ingredients
- 1 Cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 1/2 kilos pork belly (liempo) cleaned and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- Combine pineapple, orange zest, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, pepper, and salt in a blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl or a zip-top bag. Add pork, cover or seal, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Preheat a charcoal grill.
- Drain pork, remove pineapple bits, and grill meat for 10 to 15 minutes per side. Transfer to an ovenproof dish; add reserved marinade. Cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.