Pork adobo is the ultimate ulam for many Pinoys, so it’s easy to make it even better with a little tweak. Add siling labuyo to the marinade so everyone can enjoy its flavorful spiciness.
Spicy Adobong Baboy Recipe
Spicy Adobong Baboy Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 kilogram Pork belly cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 4 pieces bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add in the pork and cook until changes in color (about 2 to 3 minutes per side).
- Add soy sauce and vinegar. Let cook for 5 minutes or until the vinegar has cooked off. Add red chilies, peppercorns, bay leaves, and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 40 to 45 minutes or until pork is fork tender. Remove from heat. Serve with hot rice.