The classic adobo gets a punch of heat from the addition of fresh chilies. Serve it with heaps of steaming white rice!
Spicy Beef Adobo Recipe
Have you tried making beef adobo yet?
Spicy Beef Adobo Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper freshly ground
- 500 Grams beef brisket sliced into cubes
- 1 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 birds eye chilies chopped, plus whole chilies for garnish
- Salt to taste
- steamed rice to serve
- green onions chopped, to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and pepper. Cook until garlic is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add beef and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 cup water. Simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour. Add more water if mixture dries up.
- Once beef is tender, add sugar and chopped chilies. Season with salt. Simmer until sauce is reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish adobo with green onions. Serve with rice and extra chilies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW