Do you love the caramelized sugar syrup on leche flan? If you do, then you’ll love that this ground pork recipe uses a similar method to make it sweet and delicious!
How was it done? Ground pork is sauteed in some aromatics first before sugar is added to level up its flavor. You’ll want lots of rice with this giniling na baboy recipe!
Spicy Caramelized Ground Pork Recipe
Spicy Caramelized Ground Pork Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1-2 pieces birds eye chilies (siling labuyo) chopped
- 1 piece green finger chili (siling pangsigang) chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic chopped
- 500 Grams ground pork
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (patis)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the onions, chilies, ginger, and garlic. Stir and cook until softened.
- Add the ground pork, and cook for 2 to 5 minutes or until it s no longer pink.
- Add the sugar and fish sauce. Stir to mix then let cook for 2 to 3 minutes for the caramelization of the ground pork.
- Stir and let cook again for the same amount of time. Do this a couple more times until all of the ground pork are caramelized. Best served hot with rice.