This dried fish snack is easy to make! Simply toss these easy-to-find ingredients together then cook it with the dried fish and voila! A fast and unbelievably tasty snack that can double as your favorite breakfast ulam.
Spicy Dilis Recipe
Spicy Dilis Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon banana ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/8 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/4 cups dried dilis
- 1/2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 siling labuyo
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- In a small bowl, mix banana ketchup, hot sauce, sugar, chili powder, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a dry nonstick frying pan over low heat, add dried dilis. Cook, stirring constantly to prevent burning, until heated through. Add and stir in oil until dilis are well coated.
- Pour ketchup mixture with the dilis and stir to mix. Continue cooking and stirring until the sugar has dissolved, the mixture begins to dry, and the dilis are well coated.
- Remove from heat and stir in siling labuyo and sesame seeds while still hot. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.