Make your fried chicken extra spicy with cayenne pepper! Remember: when frying chicken, fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
Spicy Fried Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Spicy Fried Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tea powder (salabat) or ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 100-gram pieces Chicken use drumsticks
- 1 Cup rice flour
- canola oil for deep-frying
- Combine cumin, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, salabat mix, and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Dredge chicken in rice flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat until temperature registers 350°F on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Deep-fry chicken until skin is golden, about 12 minutes. Do not overcrowd pan; cook in batches, if necessary. Allow oil to heat up again before frying remaining drumsticks. (Temperature should remain constant at 300 to 325°F.) Drain on a wire rack. Serve immediately.