Tofu or tokwa is a great ingredient in vegetable dishes. It adds a delicious, meaty component that absorbs flavors well and pairs wonderfully with any vegetable. Try this sweet, spicy, and savory easy stir fry that combines tofu and kangkong in a delicious sauce.
Spicy Kangkong And Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
Spicy Kangkong And Tofu Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 500-gram pack firm tofu (tokwa) drained
- 3 bunches kangkong
- 1/4 Cup Oil for frying tofu
- 2 tablespoons Oil for sauteing
- 6 large cloves Garlic minced
- 3 pieces birds eye chili (siling labuyo) chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Cut the tofu into squares and set aside. Separate the leaves from the tender stalks of the kangkong. Cut stems in half. Wash well. Set aside.
- Heat oil for frying the tokwa in a pan over medium heat. Fry tofu until golden brown. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, heat oil for sauteing over high heat. Add garlic and bird’s eye chilies, and sauté until fragrant. Lower heat to Medium. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, water/cornstarch mixture, and brown sugar. Cook until slightly thick.
- Add kangkong leaves and stems, mix with the sauce until slightly wilted. Add the fried tofu. Cook for 2 minutes. Take the pan off from the heat immediately so as not to overcook the kangkong. Serve.