Lumpiang shanghai recipes are easy and delicious. These are instant hits at any table and while super tasty, a little heat and spice can only make it even more appetizing.
We used siling labuyo and chili-garlic sauce to give these some heat and spice but you can also try stirring in hot sauce or even sriracha to give the tender meat filling some heat as well as some tang, too.
Spicy Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
Spicy Lumpiang Shanghai Ingredients
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 Cup finely grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 pieces siling labuyo chopped
- 8 large Lumpia wrappers separated
- water as needed
- cooking oil for deep frying
- vinegar-soy sauce dipping sauce to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine ground pork, salt, pepper, grated carrots, chili garlic sauce, and chili peppers. Mix well.
- Place lumpia wrapper on a chopping board. Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons filling onto the wrapper. Wet the edges with water and roll closed. (You can also use a beaten egg if desired.) Repeat with remaining pork filing and lumpia wrappers. Alternatively, freeze these until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, heat enough oil for deep frying in a frying pan oven medium heat. Slice each lumpia in half. Place lumpia halves in the hot oil and fry until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain on a rack. Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.