Menudo is a well-loved Pinoy dish. Try adding sili to add delicious kick of heat.
Want to make the basic pork menudo? Watch this recipe video:
Spicy Menudo Recipe
Add heat to your fave Pinoy dish!
Spicy Menudo Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 3 pieces birds eye chilies sliced
- 1 kilo pork sliced into cubes
- 1 Cup Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 1 large potato diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Saute garlic, onion and bird’s eye chilies.
- Add the pork. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in tomato sauce, sugar, soy sauce, and water. Let it simmer for 30 minutes to an hour or until meat is tender. Add water as necessary.
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer again for 5 to 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW