Buckwheat noodles are perfect for cold salads. Make it more exciting by adding some spice to it!
Spicy Soba Noodles Recipe
Spicy Soba Noodles Ingredients
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 tabelspoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1/3 Cup chili oil
- 1/3 Cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt tot aste
- black pepper to taste
- 500 Grams buckwheat noodles (soba)
- 2 cups Leeks sliced thinly, white and light green parts only
- 2 cups carrot shredded
- sesame seeds toasted, for garnish
- Heat soy sauce in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil. Lower heat and stir in molasses. Simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl then mix in sesame oil, tahini, chili oil, and vinegar. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add buckwheat noodles and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Plunge noodles in ice-cold water and drain. Place in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- Combine noodles, sauce, leeks, and carrots. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.