It’s easy to find easy ways to make adobo. The combination of soy sauce and vinegar is really delicious! The sauce is a great way to make anything, including, tofu, flavorful and appetizing. Instead of making it your usual tofu adobo, this one is spiced up with a little chili garlic sauce so it’s not just flavorful, it’s got a kick too.
Spicy Tokwang Adobo Recipe
Spicy Tokwang Adobo Ingredients
- 1/2 kilogram tofu cut into squares
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Vinegar
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 pieces bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo)
- Oil as needed
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat enough oil for frying. Add the tofu and fry the tofu until golden brown on all sides. Remove from the pan into a wire rack over paper towels. Repeat with remaining tofu as needed.
- Meanwhile, on another burner with a wok over medium heat, heat about 2 tablespoons oil. Add garlic and saute until just golden. Add soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves, black pepper, chili garlic sauce, and siling labuyo. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Simmer until the sauce is thickened slightly and the vinegar has lost its raw taste.
- Using scissors, cut the tofu in half. Toss tofu with the spicy adobo sauce and serve while hot.