Spinach and mushrooms pack this tasty dish with vitamins A, D, E, and K, minerals, and omega-3. Play with flavors and textures by using different kinds of mushrooms.
Spinach and Kesong Puti Frittata Recipe
Spinach and Kesong Puti Frittata Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 Cup fresh button mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 Cup fresh spinach leaves blacked in salted water and chopped
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 Cup fresh milk
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Cup kesong puti cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté mushrooms; season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove excess moisture.
- Arrange half of the mushrooms on the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with half of the blanched spinach. Repeat to make another layer.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over spinach and mushrooms. Top with kesong puti.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is moist yet firm. Slice into wedges before serving.