Start the day right with a powerhouse breakfast packed with protein and fiber. This spinach bacon frittata is tasty, healthy, and easy to whip up. You will want to have this for breakfast often!
Spinach Bacon Frittata Recipe
Spinach Bacon Frittata Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 Cup Canadian bacon chopped and trimmed of all visible fat
- 8 pieces Egg
- 1/2 Cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Cup onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1/25 Cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 Cup tomatoes
- 4 cups spinach leaves shredded
- 1/4 Cup parsley sprigs
- In a 12-inch oven-safe and nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until browned. Remove skillet and set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic, green bell pepper, and tomatoes until soft. Stir in cooked bacon.
- Add spinach and parsley and cook just until they turn bright green.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet. Stir gently with a rubber spatula and cook over low heat until the eggs are set on the bottom but not fully cooked up.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 20 minutes or until the frittata is cooked all the way through.
- Let the frittata cool completely before slicing into 6 wedges.